- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 4
- Calories: 481
This farmer’s market pasta is the perfect way to enjoy your farmer’s market veggies in an easy pasta dish. Baked in ramekins and topped with cheese!
- 1 cup peas
- 2 cups dry pasta (I used whole wheat shells)
- 1/4 cup reserved pasta water
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese or cottage cheese
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese, freshly grated
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- fresh torn basil
- 4 thinly sliced pieces of fresh mozzarella
- Cook peas and drain. Set aside.
- Cook pasta until al dente. Drain and toss with peas and butter.
- While peas and pasta are cooking, combine ricotta, garlic, and olive oil in a food processor until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in cheeses and basil.
- Add cheese mixture to pasta and add reserved pasta water. Stir until smooth. Divide into ramekins and top each with a slice of mozzarella. Broil (400 degrees or higher) for about 5 minutes, until cheese has melted.